Thursday, May 4, 2017

Wednesday May 3, 2017

Blog time 0930 at Panera

Finally a sunny day, however, it was cool this morning, 34. Nancy headed out early for MVP. This afternoon she is working at the Gardens.

Today is my easy day. I got dressed and hopped on the bike and headed to Panera. I had my standard oatmeal breakfast.

The EUs BRexit negotiator is really playing hardball. He is saying that the U.K. will pay through the nose when they leave the EU. The London papers are saying what an evil man he is. Things will get nasty before the split is finalized.

Noted several current photos in the London papers showing the trees in full bloom. The U.K. is much further north than MI. Why are the trees more advanced than in MI? Is it the Gulf Stream and the warmer European weather?

Why is the President getting so much heat for wanting to talk to North Korea? I always think it is a good idea to have a face to face conversation with your enemies.

The proposed tax plan still allows deduction for home mortgage interest. I would not allow this deduction. It penalizes renters.

The temperature had risen 15 degrees when I left Panera. At home I put on my knickers and a lighter jacket and headed out for a bike ride. It was a beautiful day for a ride. I rode 15 miles, my longest ride this year.

Tried to get Ms P to take a walk but she refused. Tomorrow is trash and recycle day so I filled the containers and took them to the curb. Also did a load of laundry.

I took a short nap. After I got in the Escape and headed to Lowe's. I purchased four bags of mulch. At home I spread the mulch in our west side planter. I had just enough mulch.

Nancy said the Gardens had over 1,000 visitors today.

Ms P jumped off the planter and injured her left rear leg. She is hopping around on three legs. Nancy gave her a pain pill.

Light dinner and then the news and Jeopardy. We watched an episode of Pie In The Sky. I fell asleep so I don't know how it ended.




No comments: