Saturday, May 20, 2017

Friday May 19, 2017

Blog time 1145 at Panera

Boy was it cold this morning. Low 40s when I left for the Y.

Despite the cold I wore shorts. My legs did not get cold but my hands did despite the gloves. I think the fact that my legs are in constant motion helped ward off the cold.

The Y has a number of popular classes that are well attended. I have heard several folks complain that the class rooms are too small. Spinning seems very popular. I love to ride a bike but would not take a spinning class.

The Telegraph this morning had several articles on the impeachment process for a US President. They wrote these articles as if impeachment is a foregone conclusion.

The U.K. has many social welfare programs. One is a fuel allowance. Apparently the allowance is abused. A Labor member of Commons makes over $100,000 per year and gets this allowance. Talk about gaming the system. Especially from a party that talks about how the elites screw the working man. Lefty hypocrite!

The U.K. has a sizable Muslim population. Ramadan this year occurs over an important test time for school children. Should Muslim children be given special consideration? Could this become a problem In the US?

IBM allows employees to work from home. They now are telling home folks to return to the office or quit. Good move IBM! I am not a fan of remote workers. Team unity, instant communication and the ability to monitor your employees is important.

Quiet afternoon, lunch, nap and walk around the block.

At 1800 Nancy and I headed out to a Rube Goldberg exhibit at the GR Art Museum. Kathi Koethe went with us. The event was very well attended. Free snacks and a cash bar. We all enjoyed the exhibit.

We got home about 2130 so no TV. The cold will continue through tomorrow.

No comments: