Sunday, May 28, 2017

Saturday May 27, 2017

Blog time 1950 sitting on deck drinking wine, temperature 75!

Memorial Day weekend!

In my youth we did not have a three day weekend. Memorial Day or Decoration Day then was held on a single day May 30.

Nancy is helping her friend Kathi with a driveway sale today so we drove to Panera. Panera was nearly empty. We both had our standard Saturday fare.

After Panera we make a quick stop home to pick up Ms P and then stopped at Home Depot for potting soil. We arrived at Kathi's at 0900.

Nancy and I helped Kathi set up. It is a beautiful day for a sale.

I left after spending about 20 minutes helping set up. On the way home I stopped at Meijer's for cheese, yogurt and ginger ale. I also bought a gate for our stairway to keep Ms P from going downstairs. The Vet said no stair climbing for at least a month.

At Ace Hardware I bought two 20 pound bags for bird food. Ace was having their Memorial Day two for one sale.

Took an eleven mile bike ride. Today I rode my Buttrick route backwards. The hills on the Buttrick route are steep but it is much easier when I reversed direction.

Shower, lunch and then a short nap. At 1600, Nancy called and said the sale was over. We both helped Kathi clean up and then headed home.

Dinner tonight was at the LaLaguna Mexican cafe. I had their tamale dinner and Nancy had a soft shelled taco. Food was good.

At home I took a short walk. Missy face timed us tonight. She and AJ were at the pool of the yacht club where Missy belongs. AJ was swimming.

Debbie also face timed us tonight. We got caught on what was happening in San Jose. Love FaceTime.

Nancy fired up an episode of Bosch on Amazon. I immediately fell asleep and missed the same show.

I am getting familiar with my new 12" iPad Pro. I like the big screen especially when viewing photos that most news outlets have. I have not yet used the special pen.

You might have noticed that I sometimes get my words confused. Today I wrote that I "road" my bike instead of "rode". I like to think that I usually catch these errors but who knows.


No comments: