Saturday, May 13, 2017

Saturday May 13, 2017

Blog time 1745 sitting on deck drinking wine. It is a pleasant 74.

The sun streaming through the slider woke us up this morning.

We had a pleasant walk to Panera. Breakfast today included oatmeal, coffee and bagels.

As soon as we got home I grabbed a shovel and planted a rose bush that Debbie got Nancy for Mother's Day. The soil around the condo is gumbo clay. Nancy also planted two small bushes we got as a gift from Meijer's Garden.

Upon completion of yard work I put on the bike clothes and headed out. I pedaled to Ada and along the way passed several ball fields, baseball and softball. The fields were all in use and the parking lots were full. A very pleasant day for a ball game as both a participant and spectator.

Stopped at Ada Bike shop. I need to wear sun glasses when I ride because my shingle's eye dries out from the wind. It is very uncomfortable. I bought a helmet that has glasses that are attached to the helmet by magnets. It works great. My mileage today was 14.

Lunch and then I spent some time sweeping our deck. I have the bird feeder too close to the deck so we have bird seed all over the deck. After the cleanup I moved the feeders further away from the deck.

Today is the 13th. Did you know I won a Jeep in a lottery with the number 13? I bought two lottery tickets.

Showered and then took a quick nap. Nancy is grilling hamburgers for dinner tonight. I am having mine with a sweet potato. Finished dinner with a bowl of Nancy's world famous rhubarb sauce.

I have not read the papers today so no comment on the state of the world. Welcome relief.

We will watch some Netflix tonight before turning in.

No comments: