Saturday, May 13, 2017

Friday May 12, 2017

Blog time 1125 at Panera

The sunny day string continues. The long days are great. The sun was up at 0620. Love this time of year and the sun doesn't set until nearly nine.

It was such a nice day I decided to add a mile to my ride to the Y and eliminate the indoor mile run. This morning I saw about 20 wild turkeys feeding.

It only takes about twenty minutes to do my calisthenics. Quick shower and then back on the bike heading to Panera.

This morning I emailed my second cousin in Alpena, Mary Hughes. I told Mary that on my family tree web site I was contacted by a relative of her Grandmother Bernice Penoyer Hughes.

I just got my DNA results from My Heritage. The DNA results show I am 92.3% British and Irish. Also 2.9% East European, 2.1% Middle Eastern, 1.7% Finish and 1.0% Ashkenaz Jewish.

I already have been contacted by several cousins. Most are third and fourth once removed. What does the once removed mean?

Slow news day in Alpena and London. The UK Election dominates their news. The UK's National Health Service did experience a massive computer hack shutting down many hospitals. The hackers are demanding a ransom. Why can't we find these guys. I am assuming most hackers are men. I think if we shot these high profile hackers it might stop further attempts.

I am resuming this blog at 1700. More news about a major computer breach in not only the U.K. but the US, Russia, Ukraine and several Asian countries. Computer systems using Microsoft Windows were the hardest hit.

This afternoon we ran errands. First stop was Fresh Tyme for apples and cheese, next D&W for blueberries. We also stopped at several stores in Breton Village.

I did take the Taurus to get gas. Gas in now $2.49 per gallon.

Finished outdoor activities with a walk around the block.

We are had dinner tonight at Brann's. For once Brann's was not crowded. I had the lobster bisque and Nancy a turkey sandwich. As planned I had half of Nancy's sandwich.

We got home in time for the national news. I immediately fell asleep and slept for about an hour.

We watched an episode of Murder in Paradise before turning in.

No comments: