Monday, May 29, 2017

Monday May 29, 2017

Blog time 1710: sitting on deck drinking an Irish Whiskey

We slept in until 0700 this morning. Today is Memorial Day so in keeping with our tradition we all got in the Escape and headed to Saugatuck, Mi for breakfast.

We arrived just in time to see Saugatuck's Memorial Day Parade featuring the local National Guard and the High School band. It was a nice small town parade.

As a Boy Scout in Alpena I always marched in our Decoration Day Parade. It was alway well attended. Decoration Day was also the day my Mother let me stop wearing long underwear.

We ate breakfast at the Pumpernickel along the Main Street. I had fried eggs, sausage, toast and coffee, Nancy had a potato, egg, cheese pie. Food was good. We sat in their screened in porch right next to the sidewalk. A great place to people watch. The City was crowded with tourists. Bright sun with temps in low 70s. Perfect way to start the summer season.

After breakfast we walked up and down the Main Street. Stopped in several stores but did not buy anything. I was looking for khaki shorts with a single cell phone pocket. I am not fond of cargo shorts although I am presently wearing a pair. How do you iron cargo shorts?

I don't know why but whenever I have a nice large breakfast I am hungry three hours later. Today was no exception, I had lunch as soon as we got home at noon.

Got a call from Meijer's saying my prescription was ready. Pumped up my bike tires and headed out. I was surprised that Meijer's was very crowded. Today I took my Laraway Lake Road route home, backwards. It was much easier backwards.

At home Nancy planted some flowers along our back retaining wall. She also finished the laundry. While she was working I took a nap.

Light dinner tonight and then a walk around the block. We now have over 15 hours of daylight. Edinburgh, Scotland has over 17 hours.

Speaking of Scotland we have been watching Shetland on Netflix. The show is filmed in the Shetland Islands of Scotland. The island looks very barren. Not on my bucket list of places to visit.

No comments: