Thursday, October 6, 2016

Wednesday October 5, 2016

Blog time: 2000

Today is my easy Monday. I slept in until 0715. It was too dark to bike so I did my calisthenics at 50%.

Pedaled to Panera and had an oatmeal breakfast. I did not have coffee because it is tearing up my stomach.

We live in a dangerous world. Russia is building up its military making its neighbors very nervous. Norway and the Baltic states are feeling threatened. Their actions in Syria have the Obama administration looking weak.

The new Philippines President is becoming more and more anti-American. He is cozying up to China and Russia. We have naval facilities in the Philippines and he might kick us out.

On an upbeat note Vietnam is now becoming our friend. This week two US Ships anchored in Cam Rahn Bay one of Asia's best natural harbors. I am very familiar with Cam Rahn Bay. In 1963 and 1964 I was given the project for construction of a new pier in the bay. I was one of the first US Military to visit the bay. It was a beautiful location.

I left Panera and went on 12 mile bike ride. When I got home I took Ms P on walk.

Showered, ate lunch and took a short nap. After the nap I got in the cobalt and headed to Godwin Hardware. Our local hardware store did not have the washer I needed. The folks at Godwin knew actually what I needed. They even gave me a lesson on installing the spring and washer.

Nancy worked at the Gardens this afternoon. She said it was very busy.

At home I changed washers and the faucet is not leaking. Mission accomplished.

Light dinner and then a walk around the block.

Tonight we watched Brokenwood on Acorn. I liked it but Nancy was lukewarm.

We had a very warm day today. Temp reached low 80s with a brief shower at 1700. More of the same tomorrow.

No comments: