Sunday, October 2, 2016

Saturday October 1, 2016

Blog time: 1925

It was raining hard when we got up this morning. Too wet to walk so we got in the Taurus and headed to Pal's Diner. Pal's is a 50s style diner. I had a big breakfast and Nancy had biscuits. We gave the diner a grade of B.

Stopped at Ace Hardware to look for a watering can and I wanted some information on how to change a faucet washer.

Stopped at home and picked up Ms P. First stop Home Depot, Nancy did not find a watering can and no info on how to fix my leaky faucet.

Final stop was Lowe's and we hit the jackpot. Nancy bought her watering can and I found out how to fix the faucet. We also bought an outside light and bag of mulch.

The rain had finally stopped so as soon as we got home I took Ms P on her walk.

Grabbed my iPad and walked to the Cascade Library. The nice lady at the desk showed me where they keep back issues of Consumer's Report. I checked out mid sized SUVs. CR gave the Ford Escape a poor rating. The Honda got a lukewarm rating. The best rating was a Subaru Forester.

I spent some time reading the WSJ. I read nothing that I want to comment on.

On my walk home I stopped at the Subaru dealer and looked at the Forester. It looks nice and the cost is within my budget. However, it is made Japan. I usually buy American including cars made in Canada and Mexico. I think in this age of Globalization I might want to change my opinion.

I did take a nap this afternoon. After the nap I walked around the block. I just walked in the door when it started to pour.

Nancy fixed black bean soup and egg rolls for dinner. Great meal.

We watched the end of the UM/UW game. Is UM for real?

No comments: