Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Tuesday June 14, 2016

Log time: 2050

Happy Flag Day: We have been celebrating Flag Day since the Stars and Strips flag was adopted in 1777. Also on this date in 1954 President Eisenhower added the phrase “under God” to the Pledge.

It was raining this morning. I don’t ride my bike when it is raining, so I put on my rain gear and walked to the Y, 1.67 miles.

The noise level in the Y has increased since summer classes have started. It is a great sound. Since no bike ride I increased my run.

I am still getting both the NYT and WSJ despite the fact that my subscription has expired. Orlando and BrExit still dominates the news.

Nancy and I had a 1300 appointment with the contractor installing our new counter tops. We signed the contract. The first thing the contractor will do is make a template of the new countertops. That should happen within the next week.

Lunch and then took Ms P on her walk. The heat got to her so we shortened the walk. The temperature reached 81 this afternoon.

Took a short nap and then I headed downstairs to complete an application for a Global Entry card. Typical Federal form more complicated than it needs to be.

Three of my four chipmunk traps were set off. I came up empty handed.

Nancy fixed beans and rice for dinner. It was great. After dishes I took a walk around the block.

We are now watching Animal Kingdom on TNT. It is not very good in fact it is terrible.

Missy emailed Nancy today and said she and AJ will be coming June 29. AJ will stay about two weeks and then Nancy and I will take her back.

No comments: