Friday, June 17, 2016

Thursday June 16, 2016

Log time: 1650

We had some major thunder storms come through last night. Ms P went bonkers but we gave her a benadryl and it really mellowed her out.

This morning Nancy headed out to go swimming. I put on my bike clothes and headed to the Y. I encountered a brief shower but it was short lived. The temperature all day did not reach 70.

The Y was crowded with kids going to camps but the number of adults seems to have declined since summer vacation. Nancy said the same thing about MVP.

Rain had stopped when I left the Y for Panera. Downloaded the NYT and read several articles in their World section. The NYT does not cover South America as well at WSJ. Lately I have become very interested in South America especially Venezuela, Brazil and Peru.

All the business shows are all worried about what happens if the BRexit passes. I really do not get excited about this vote.

I have never understood the GOP’s objection to banning assault weapons. What civilian needs a rapid firing military weapon?

Nancy texted and said that instead of going to the bank as planned I should stop and get a check to deposit. Macatawa Bank is now our primary bank. It is a local bank and the local branch is 0.6 miles from the condo. It is nice when you walk into a bank and everyone knows your name.

Before lunch I took Ms P on a walk. The temperature was in the mid 60s ideal temp for a walk.

I spent some time this afternoon trying to find data on our garbage disposal. If it was purchased within the last five years we will not replace it when we install the new quartz counter tops. I called In InSink Erator in Racine, WI but they could not give me the date of purchase. Actually I talked to a Call Center in the Philippines. I did find a date on the Installation Guide, May 2001. We decided to purchase a new one.

I was just starting my nap when my phone rang. I was my cousin Judy’s daughter Valerie. She wanted to know if I knew any firms hiring recent Civil Grads. I said I would check it out. I did talk to the old firm and got some info on possible jobs in the area. No nap today.

For dinner Nancy and I walked to Shepard’s Grill. I had a perch sandwich and Nancy had a bowl of Navy bean soup. Shepard’s Grill is becoming a favorite.

As soon as we got home I took a walk around the block. We read the GRP and watched two shows on netflix.

No comments: