Sunday, June 12, 2016

Sunday June 12, 2016

Log time: 1650

Another great summer day. Present temperature is 80 which is perfect. I am sitting on the deck writing this blog and drinking a lemon highball. I just discovered this summer drink. Clear lemon fizzy water mixed with tonic water and ice. I probably should have added some Irish whiskey.

We started Sunday with our trip to the Y. Nancy went swimming and I did some calisthenics and ran 1.2 miles.

We stopped at Meijer’s so we could get fruit, milk and gas. Gas today was up to $2.79.

Ms P has been eating grass which means her stomach is upset. Before breakfast I took her on our mild nature walk. She had no difficulty with the walk.

Nancy fixed her world famous poached eggs for breakfast. I had mine on a waffle.

The shooting in Orlando dominated this morning news. It is tragic. I don’t see why folks are opposed to banning assault rifles. What sportsman needs a rapid fire rifle to shoot a deer. Assault rifles have only one purpose and that is to kill people. Only the military should have them.

I read the funnies before taking my Sunday nap. After the nap I walked over to ACE Hardware and had a key made for our padlocks. I have about ten padlocks that are keyed the same. We use them for our Y lockers and to secure my bikes.

As mentioned before Nancy bought a humming bird feeder for our deck. The humming birds have found the feeder. We will need a replacement soon. It is hard to believe that such a tiny bird made it to MI from Mexico. Watching them is a summer pleasure.

Nancy is fixing hot dogs for dinner tonight. We will read the GRP and watch some TV before turning in.

No comments: