Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Sunday June 19, 2016

Log time: 1630 Sunday

Weekend Update:

Saturday morning and it is looking like another nice summer day with temps approaching 90.

Nancy and I walk to Panera for breakfast. Panera was not crowded.

It was warming up fast when we got home so I got on my bike and took a 16 miles ride. As soon as I got home I took Ms P on our short nature walk.

Showered, shaved and had a quick lunch. East Grand Rapids was having their art fair this afternoon. Nancy and I spent about an hour looking around.

I did buy a photograph of the Whites Road Bridge in Ionia County. I had worked on this historic wooden covered bridges several years back. Unfortunately vandals burned the bridge several years ago.

At home I just scanned the NYT and then took a nap. For dinner Nancy and I drove to JT’s for pizza. JT’s have great pizza.

Took my nightly walk around the block before settling down to watch some TV. It was a netflix evening.

Sunday June 19:

Following our schedule Nancy and I went swimming this morning. We both swam 20 laps or 1,000 yards.

Gas at Meijer’s was $2.59 today. Triscuits and Wheat Thins were on sale so we bought several months supply.

I took Ms P on a short walk before breakfast. She cannot take temps in the high 80s. Nancy fixed her world famous scrambled eggs for breakfast.

Watched some Sunday news shows and read the funnies before taking my Sunday nap. After the nap I got on my bike and headed to Meijer’s. I picked up a prescription and bought some apples and tonic water.

Lately I have been fixing a tonic water/lemon water drink over a lot of ice. It is a great hot weather drink.

I am suspending my writing so I can fire up the grill. Nancy is grilling steaks and corn on the cob. Stay tuned.

I am back! Nancy grilled T bones steak. Love T bone. Also had the corn and a sweet potato. We ate on the deck. Perfect!

Debbie facetimed us tonight. She had a great time in Long Beach.

After I did the dishes I walked around the block. We are watching “Happy Valley” on netflix. After the show is over we will watch the BB ball. I am hoping Cleveland wins.

On this Father’s Day I talked to all three kids. Alway great to talk to your offsprings.

Solstice is getting close. We had 15h21’ daylight today. For comparison Edinburgh had 17h36’.

No comments: