Friday, June 3, 2016

Friday June 3, 2016

Log time: 1800

Bob and Nancy are sitting on the deck drinking wine. Another great sunny day. The present temperature is 82. GR has 15h12’ of sunshine.

Our busy day started at 0630. I did all my calisthenics at home today. Nancy headed to a class at MVP.

The painter, Randy, arrived at 0830 and he immediately started patching holes in the dry wall caused by our recent installation of new ceiling fixtures. He patched the drywall and on Monday will paint the ceiling.

Randy’s next task was to strip the wallpaper in the lower bath. I was surprised at how easy the paper came off.

Nancy and Randy spent some time selecting a color for the bath. They finally decided on a light brown. The bath will also be painted on Monday.

The job of replacing the kitchen counter tops with quartz is becoming more involved. The original sink was a non-standard one and the closest one we can find will require some carpenter work under the sink. We need help, someone who will turn key the project. Randy gave us the name of a contractor. Nancy called them and will meet with them next week.

Kim came today to clean. The house looks great.

Around 1000 I got on the bike and headed to Panera. I thought I had canceled the WSJ but I was still able to download today’s edition. So I read both WSJ and NYT. They both are all wrapped up in the election. I really am getting tired of all the election news.

The jobs report came out this morning and all the cable business news channels had a hissy fit. The sky is falling, the Feds will not increase the interest rates and the market will crash. They need to get a life.

After Panera I took a 15 mile ride. Quick lunch and then Ms P and I went on our nature walk.

Short nap and then Nancy and I sat on the deck drinking wine. For dinner Nancy fixed chicken breast and corn on the cob.
Tomorrow night we are going out with the Namey’s. Nancy made reservations at Euro Bistro. Euro Bistro is less than a mile from the condo. After dinner we will meet at the condo for dessert. Glad Kim came today because we have a super clean house.

We all took a short walk and I continued on an additional mile. We watched some netflix before turning in.

No comments: