Thursday, June 23, 2016

Thursday June 23, 2016

Log time: 1700

The weather folks said rain would start at 1000 today. It looked like rain when I went out with Ms P this morning.

Nancy headed out early for her Thursday swim at MVP. Before I left I put on a waterproof jacket in case it rains. The temperature was a very pleasant 65.

Since I have my Apple watch I have been recording all my various activities like: outdoor cycle, indoor run, outdoor walk and an item called “other”. I use “other” for my calisthenics. According to the watch it takes me 20’ to do the calisthenics and I burn 80 calories and my average heart rate is 90. Is this overkill?

The watch is not very accurate for the indoor run. I think being indoors blocks the GPS function. I run a mile but the watch say 1.2 miles. I think the average heart rate is high because it records 140. I don’t think I am working that hard. All of the outdoor mileage for the run and walk appears accurate.

Left the Y at 1000 and still no rain. However, it is very humid.

The BRexit vote dominates the news. Most experts don’t think it will pass. Does the average American care?

I have repeatedly said military assault rifles should be banned. Several retired Generals have written Op-Eds supporting a ban. Why is this so hard? Both the Dems and GOP are not being very mature on this issue.

I see long time GOP advisor, Bret Scowcroft, to President Ford and Bush is endorsing Ms Clinton. I think many more Republicans will make the change before the election. I think I am going to vote Libertarian. I cannot support Trump.

When I left Panera I noted that my bike was wet. We must have had a brief shower while I was inside.

It was still very pleasant when I got home. I took Ms P on a 1.5 mile walk.

After lunch I got in the Cobalt and headed to Meijer’s. Gas today was $2.59. I picked up a prescription and bought some tonic water for our afternoon lemonade.

I took a short nap and after the nap fixed lemonade for the two of us. It is now 1745 and I am sitting on the deck writing this blog. The temperature is a pleasant 79.

Nancy is cooking dinner in the crock pot. It is pork chop and apples over rice. Sounds good! We are going to eat on the deck.

Lately I have wearing shorts. Several years ago I swore off wearing shorts. Nothing is uglier than an old man exposing his ugly legs. However, it seems that other old guys don’t share my view. So I have joined them.

No comments: