Saturday, June 11, 2016

Friday June 10, 2016

Log time: 1715

Today is blog number 2,370.

It was 10 degrees warmer than yesterday. Cloudy but no rain until late tonight.

Rode my Bianchi today for a change of pace. I like the eight speed internal hub it is simple and low maintenance. However, it does not have disc brakes and is not geared properly to get up some of Cascade’s steep hills.

Every day I meet folks at the Y that I knew either from work or the MAC. It is nice to see a familiar face. Us old folks need social contact or so they say.

Both the WSJ and NYT are really getting geared up on the Presidential election. I am very uncomfortable will all the nasty comments from both Clinton and Trump. Didn’t these folks learn anything in Sunday School.

China is being nice with Myanmar. China wants to operate a copper mine and built a huge hydro electric dam in that country. As a civil engineer I find all of China’s proposals to build dams, roads, ports and railroad in neighboring countries very interesting. I think it is smart on their part. I would like to see in my lifetime a good road between China and Europe. Just like the old silk road.

We met the Moleski’s at Charley’s for dinner. Charley’s have a great smelt basket. Both Tom and I had the smelt. The place was crowded. Nancy said it was so warm nobody wanted to stay home and cook.

I love temps above 80. It is my comfort zone.

No comments: