Sunday, February 28, 2016

Sunday February 28, 2016

Log time 1705, Sunday Feb 28:

Weekend Update:

Saturday February 27: Nancy and I had breakfast at Panera. We walked to the restaurant in bright sunshine with temps slightly below freezing. The sidewalks were only partially clear so the walking was a challenge. The staff at Panera are beginning to recognize us as Saturday regulars.

As soon as we got home we grabbed Ms P and headed out to Lake Odessa. We are attending an Antique sale. It was called Cabin Fever Sale. The place was jammed so I am assuming most of the folks like Bob and Nancy did indeed have cabin fever. I almost bought a Red Ryder BB gun for Steve. It is the same gun that stars in the movie A Christmas Story. I got the same gun for Christmas around 1948. It was every little boys dream. Alas I did not buy it.

The road leading into Lake Odessa was completely reconstructed in the early 90s. The design was done by Scott Civil Engineering. A very short stretch of the road lies above some weak soils. We designed an innovative solution for building over the weak soils. It did not work. The bituminous surface cracked. The Road Commission had to repair the cracks about every six months. The crack is known as Bob's Crack. I am happy to report that the cracks appear to have stabilized.

I took Ms P on her walk before having lunch. After lunch I walked over to the Cascade Library to read the WSJ. I think Peggy Noonan had a spot on Opinion Piece.

Took a short nap and then Nancy and I headed out to the restaurant at Boulder Creek Golf Club. We met the Moleski's. I had their perch while Nancy, Tom and Linda had the prime rib. All the food was good.

Debbie facetimed tonight and we had a good time catching up. Nancy showed Debbie a picture of all our snow and asked her if she missed it. Debbie replied NO!

Finished the evening with another episode of Doc Martin.

Sunday February 28: Swim day for Bob and Nancy. The pool was crowded this morning with all eight lanes in use.

Gas was $1.74 per gallon at Meijer's today. I filled up for under $20. On Sundays I get my coffee at the Starbucks in Meijer's. I get Nancy a hazel nut coffee at Panera. Panera is right on our way home.

Nancy fixed her world famous scrambled eggs for breakfast. I also had link sausage. Watched some morning news and then took Ms P on an early walk. It is suppose to rain this afternoon. I took my Sunday nap. Nancy also took a walk around the block. I paid some bills and then walked over to a mail box on Charlevoix and mailed them.

The Academy Awards on TV tonight. I have not seen any of the movies up for an award. We might watch them.

Thing one thinks of while walking.

Cars I have owned that are no long made: Pontiac, Oldsmobile, Mercury and Plymouth.

Cars I have ridden in that are no long manufactured: American Motors, Checker, Crosley, Desoto, Hudson, International Harvester, Kaiser, Mercury, Nash, Packard, Reo, Saturn, Studebaker, Willys-Overland.

Think Spring!

No comments: