Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Wednesday October 29, 2014

Wednesday October 29, 2014 Breakfast Club today so I am up at 0600. My ride to BC is an adventure because I am driving on the Interstate. Driving 70 mph in pitch black conditions with bumper to bumper traffic is difficult. We had a real small turnout. Many members are getting ready to head south for the winter. Speaking of heading south my sister, Helen, left last week for AZ. Today’s speaker is starting a brewery and restaurant in Cedar Springs. It is modeled after the Hofbrauhaus House in Munich. He was really knowledgable about beer and beer making. Did you know that hops is now grown in MI? We now have 47 microbreweries in Kent County. It was raining when I left BC. The temperature today will remain in the 40s. Stopped at Starbucks in Breton Village for coffee. Nancy worked at the Gardens this afternoon. I took a short nap and then a long walk. The recent high winds and rain have stripped a lot of trees of their leaves. Frost tonight and snow on Friday. The nice thing about a condo is that I have no yard work. I just looked outside and saw four contract yard men blowing leaves into large piles for pickup. Light dinner tonight and then some network TV. I might look in on the World Series game. I have no favorite. This date in 1938, Ossineke, MI: Great grandfather Sanborn wrote that they had a heavy frost last night creating 1/4” of ice on pond. In the morning he refilled a gasoline container. In the PM he picked up a potential buyer and brought him to the barn to see the tractor GGF was trying to sell. He was a salesman to the end.

No comments: