Sunday, October 5, 2014

Sunday October 5, 2014

Sunday October 5, 2014 Nancy’s first night home since the surgery and she said she slept ok. I went swimming today. I swam 900 meters in 30 minutes. Pretty slow. I have been on a diet and today I stepped on MVP’s scale and weighed 159. This is the lowest I have been in years. On my way home I stopped at Meijer’s and filled the cobalt up. Gas was $3.11 today. Gas prices in some areas of MI are below $3. At home I got a list of things I had to purchase at Meijer’s. I took the Taurus so I could fill it up. Both cars now have a full tank. Meijer’s is very convenient to our condo. It is about 1 mile away. Nancy fixed her world famous poached eggs for breakfast. We read parts of the GRP and then took a Sunday nap. Yes Nancy also took a nap. After the nap I took Ms P on her 1.25 mile walk. I dropped her off and then took a two mile walk. We have had several days of rain and the soil around the condo holds water. It is like walking on a sponge. Today the temperature was in the 40s in the AM and now, 1715, it has reached 52, a typical fall day. The color is almost near peak. I have not seen a robin in about four weeks. My hands got cold on today’s walk. Ebola and Hong Kong seem to be the big news on the world scene. On the sporting scene last night I watched UM get beat and today the Lions got beat. I hope the Tigers can win one. Luckily MSU came through. Albion and Amherst both won their games. Because of the surgery Nancy is having trouble opening her mouth. Tonight she is having yogurt and ice cream. I am having sloppy joes. We will watch 60 minutes and then Madam Secretary before heading to bed. I did get my 30 minutes outside today. Did you?

No comments: