Saturday, March 31, 2012

Saturday March 31, 2012

The last day of March and I don't know if it went out like a lion but it was sure cold as I rode my bike to Bill's. The temperature was in the mid 30s. I had Bill's oatmeal for breakfast. The WSJ seems hung up on the death of a Brit in China. The Brit had connections with a deposed leader in the Communist party. Was he killed or did he die of natural causes? I think the WSJ is creating an issue that will not generate much heat. I read an article on Stockton, CA and how they went broke. It should be required reading for most local elected officials. Peggy Noonan wrote a scathing editorial about the President. I agree with her.

After breakfast I rode the bike around Reeds Lake. My odometer said I put 11 miles on the bike. I have spent the last 3 hours just cleaning off my desk and paying bills. It is now 1430 and in 20 minutes Nancy and I are going to a movie. We are seeing the movie about Margaret Thatcher. 2015: I liked the movie. For dinner we stopped at Russ's for soup and a burger.

I am now reading the GRP and will soon head downstairs to watch the OSU game. I got my 30 in today did you?

March 31, 1938: Ossineke, Mi: Great grandfather Sanborn wrote that it was windy with temperatures in the 40s. He also commented that the smelt were running. You haven't lived until you have had deep fried smelt with cold beer.

No comments: