Thursday, March 22, 2012

Thursday March 22, 2012

I never thought I would say this but Nancy and I agree the house was very warm last night. I refuse the run the AC in March. Ms P got up at 0430 and it was in the 60s when we went outside. I am going to take it easy today so I slept in until 0830. At 0900 I got on the bike and headed to Bill's for an oatmeal breakfast. When I got home I walked Ms P around the block and then checked my email.

Nancy got home about noon so we grabbed Ms P and headed to our accountant, Jerry Dykema, to drop off all our tax information. Jerry has been doing our taxes since 1982. He gave me some bad news when he said he had Parkinson's Disease. We wish him well. When we got home I dropped Nancy and Ms P off and then took the car to the car wash. I also filled the car up. Gas was $3.999.

GR Bike Company called saying that my AT was ready. I had taken the bike in to get the snow tires taken off and to get its annual checkup. I took the bike for a spin and everything was working great. I want to put 3,000 miles on the bike before Christmas.

Tonight Nancy and I are going to GL Shipping for dinner. We will read the GRP and watch a little TV before turning in.

March 22, 1961: On this day 51 years ago I wrote my Mother a letter. I was working in Detroit. I told Mom that we were working 9 hours a day and 6 days a week. I mentioned last Saturday I saw the movie Exodus and thought the movie was ok but not worth the $3 price. Last summer I had worked in Vermont and had just filed my Vermont tax returns. I had applied for Navy OCS and had just received a letter saying that it would be 4-6 weeks before I heard if I was accepted. If I did not hear from the Navy soon the Alpena Draft Board was going to put me in the Army around August.

I remember that it was hard to make any plans when the US Government wanted me in uniform soon. I did mention that if the Navy did not reply by June I was going to enroll in summer school at Wayne and take some business classes.

No comments: