Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Tuesday March 28, 2012

Last night when I took Ms P out for the last time I looked up at the sky and saw a brilliant crescent moon and Jupiter and Venus shining bright. It was a great sight. We had freeze warnings up last night and when I checked this morning it was 30⁰. North of GR the temperature got into the 20s. I hope it does not damage any fruit trees. The sun was out when I rode to the MAC. Today I did my tri. I practiced special breathing on my swim today. It worked out ok.

I had my coffee and read my paper at the Kava House. The WSJ had several articles that I found interesting. The first was the Fed Chairman saying that interest rates will stay low for at least 2 more years. That makes me mad because it forces me to invest some savings. I am a product of the depression and I want some of my money safe. But at 0.35% that is not good. The second articles was about the big health care fight in Pittsburg. It appears the University of Pittsburg's Hospital and insurance company is strong arming local doctors and the Blue Cross insurance folks. It is all about control of health care dollars and the fight appears brutal. I think doctors and their patients are losing control. Is this the new world? The same thing is happening in GR. Spectrum Health is fighting the other hospitals and Blue Cross. Spectrum comes across as a bully.

I took Nancy's car into the Ford dealer to get the tire fixed. The first thing the service man told me was I needed a new rim. A rim cost $750. I had him check the tire anyway and they found a nail. So I did not need a rim. Total cost $2.10.

Nancy fixed a chicken and rice with mushrooms and corn dish for dinner. It was very good. We watched NCIS and NCIS LA. They were both new shows. When does the TV season end? The NCIS LA is too macho for me. I was in bed by 2200.

No comments: