Thursday, March 29, 2012

Wednesday March 28, 2012

Today is my easy day. I slept in until 0730. I rode the bike to Bill's and had their oatmeal for breakfast. The temps were in the 50s but the wind was brutal. The mess in Detroit continues but a few sane heads are appearing. When I got home I got in the C2 and headed to Lake MI CU to check on a CD. LMCU had automatically renewed a CD at 0.34%. I was 2 days past the correction day but the nice lady let me start a new CD with no penalty. The interest rate is now 0.75%. I won't get rich but it is twice as good as the old rate.

I next stopped at Home Depot and Lowes to check on tubing and bar stock for my new improved bike/kayak rack. Neither store had what I wanted. Nancy worked at Meijer Gardens this afternoon. After lunch I took a quick nap.

About 1545 Nancy and I got in the Taurus and headed to Blodgett Hospital. I am helping Nancy move furniture in the Gift Shop. We worked until 1800 and then took a short break. We had a quick bite in the Hospital's Cafe. Another husband moving furniture was Don Strobel, a dentist, he and his wife sat with us in the cafe. Don and I both roomed in South Quad at UM in 1956.

After dinner I walked home and Nancy stayed to put her merchandise back on the racks. Nancy got home about 2000. We watched Burn Notice on a cable channel. I kind of like this show.

No comments: