Monday, April 2, 2012

Sunday April 1, 2012

Happy April Fool's Day. When growing up the Alpena News use to have great April Fool pranks in their April 1 addition. They usually got some folks to bite. Of course the the best April Fools story was SI's Sid Finch story. I fell for it hook, line and sinker.

Ms P and I got up at 0430 to do our bidness and then hustled back to bed. The alarm went off at 0656 and Nancy and I got up and headed to the MAC. We both swam 1500 yards. I purchased gas at Meijer's. Gas was $4.09 a gallon. In 1938 a gallon of gas cost $0.10 and the average hourly wage was $0.83. The average hourly wage in 2012 (FEB) was $10.20. In 1938 gas was 12% of a man hourly wage and in 2012 it is 40%. Wow!!

Nancy fixed her world famous scrambled eggs for breakfast. I took my afternoon nap and then walked over to the Post Office to mail some letters. I also walked Ms P around the block. Lately we have been hearing a peck, peck noise. We did not know where the noise came from until I looked out my office window and saw that a small bird was building a nest in one of the rotten rail posts. We use to have a small balcony outside my office. The rail is gone but one post remains. The pecking is driving Nancy wild but I like it. I will try to get a photo of the bird in his nest.

Nancy is fixing sloppy Joes for dinner tonight. We will watch 60 minutes and read the paper before heading upstairs. I was going to cut the grass tomorrow but it is too short. I think the grass went dormant with our recent return to cooler temperatures. The leaves are almost out on all the trees. Our Spring is about 4 weeks early.

No comments: