Monday, April 16, 2012

Monday April 16, 2012

We had a very loud thunder storm pass through last night. The rain was very intense. I got up at 0626 and did the morning routine before heading to the MAC. Today is Patriot's Day in MA and the running of the Boston Marathon. It is suppose to be in the 80s in Boston. Not ideal weather for a 26.2 mile run.

The wind was very intense today and it was difficult biking to the MAC. I performed at 2/3 capacity today because I have to cut the grass this afternoon. After the MAC I pedaled to the Kava House. It was difficult because we had wind gusts close to 50 mph. When I got home I had a quick lunch and then headed outside to cut the grass. It was windy and it looked like rain. I cut the front and side yards. It started to rain as I was finishing the front yard. The rain stopped me from cutting the back yard. It will have to wait a couple of weeks.

I took a shower and then a quick nap. We had cereal for dinner tonight. We are going to bed early because the cab is coming at 0415 tomorrow.

This is a little premature but on 19 April 1961, 51 years ago, I wrote my mother a short letter. I needed my college diploma immediately because the Navy needed it for processing my application for Officer Candidate School. I also said that a former employee of Dad's was in Detroit studying architecture at Wayne State and needed my help in concrete design. I said it should be interesting and give me something to do. My mother had sent me my radio and I thanked her because I could not afford a TV. The radio worked fine and I enjoyed listening to it in the evening. I wanted to know if Dad liked the present I bought him for his birthday. I commented that I was doing some design projects and I found this more interesting than drafting. I also asked Mom what she thought of the situation in Cuba and President Kennedy's performance. Michigan had just passed a new constitution and I wanted to know her reaction. (Mitt Romney's father was responsible for the new MI constitution. The famous Nazi war criminal Eichmann was on trial in Israel and I wanted to know mother's reaction. So it was in 1961.

No comments: