Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Tuesday April 10, 2012

Ms P and I went out at 0500 and the temperature was in the 30s. While working out at home the weather folks said it was very windy and that the wind chill was in the low 20s. I got out a pair of lined pants to wear. It get cold on a bike. I did the tri today. I was happy with my swim time. It was really cold on my ride to the Kava House. An article in today's WSJ really got my goat. The article was about the Feds using laws that were intended to be used against real criminals to try and convict ordinary citizens for what I think are very minor infractions. The cases go on for years and the Feds invade homes and confiscate personal property. The Feds have too much power.

I also got all wound up when I heard that the manager of the Miami baseball team got suspended for saying Fidel Castro was a nice guy. I know that the Castro brothers are unpopular in FL but this is the USA and free speech is an important part of our democracy.

It was snowing on my ride home from the Kava House. I had a quick lunch and then headed outside to deliver the new OHNA's 2012 Directory. When I got home I spent about 90 minutes reading my Elmo Leonard book. Nancy is fixing ham and soup for dinner tonight. We will read the GRP (we get a paper copy on T, TH and SUN) and watch the NCIS.

No comments: