Thursday, July 28, 2011

Thursday July 28, 2011

It rained hard most of the night. Ms P just could not settle down. I went in the twin bed room and closed the door and turned the radio on. I also left the light on and this seemed to settle her down. Ms P and I did not get up until 0615.

We had over 3 inches of rain in the past 24 hours. This is about a 1 in 50 year storm. Today I decreased the tension on the Concept 2 rower and still I set a PB for the 4K. I did not get to the MAC until after 1000. I performed my routine and then headed to the Kava House. The humidity was very high and I really worked up a sweat. The AC was cranked up too high in the Kava House so I sat outside to read the papers. It took me an hour to read the WSJ. Why am I such a slow reader? I did read all the articles on the debt ceiling and what might happen if it is not passed. I really get mad at the news folks because they seem to think this battle in DC is the end of the world. I plan on getting out of bed on August 3.

After a quick lunch I got in Nancy's Taurus and ran some errands. I stopped at the bank to get some dollar coins. I am a one man crusade for $1 coins. Next I stopped at the Vets to see what I can give Ms P. They told me to give her some benedryl. I next stopped at Rylee's to get some house keys made. Next I headed to SCECO to pick up a large antique map of Michigan that shows all the railroad lines around 1910. It was my Dad's map and I will try and hang it downstairs. In fact I might clean out the basement so I can hang some family pictures. While at the office we talked about last night's rain. Robert, a young engineer, said that his rain gauge in Coopersville had 6". We checked some charts and found that this is about a 1 in 100 year storm. My last stop was at Walgreen to get some pills for Ms P.

Tonight Nancy and I had dinner at Great Lakes Shipping. I started watching the Evening News and I fell asleep. I slept for about 45 minutes. We are expecting more thunder storms tonight so I gave Ms P a pill. I will report on how it worked tomorrow.

No comments: