Saturday, July 30, 2011

Friday July 29, 2011

The weatherman is predicting another hot sunny day. I got a slow start but completed the at-home routine without a hitch. On my ride to the MAC I noted that my rear tire was getting soft. I ended my MAC routine with a 250 yard swim. I have been practicing my breast stroke. This stroke is easier on my shoulder joint.

I could tell I had a serious slow tire leak on my ride to the Kava House. I sat outside at the Kava House and read the WSJ and DFP. Greece and the US debt problems seem to dominate the news.

After a quick lunch I head outside to replace my rear tire. I used my car's bike carrier as a repair stand. The rear tire is harder to repair because I have to take off the coaster brake retainer, the chain and 5 speed hub attachments. I did get it all done without too much trouble. I checked the inside of the tire and found a small metal wire. I used pliers to pull the wire out. I think the wire might have come from an imperfection in the tire. I did get the tire back on the bike. I checked the tube for a leak and I found a very small pin hole in the tube. I test drove the bike and everything worked fine.

Missy and AJ arrived in GR about 1800. Missy has a French exchange student staying with her for several weeks. She accompanied Missy. Her name is Zoƫ. Nancy cooked hamburgs on the grill for dinner. We also had a pasta salad and corn-on-the-cob.

After dinner I took Zoe, AJ and Missy to Jersey Junction for an ice cream cone. The place was jammed. What is more American than an ice cream cone on a warm summer's night? We were all in bed by 2200.

No comments: