Friday, November 12, 2010

Thursday November 11, 2010

I followed the normal morning routine. Today being Veteran Day the Kava House offered free coffee to all veterans. I got my free coffee and then I got a phone call from Melissa wishing me a Happy Veterans Day. This is the first time that anyone called me to wish me a Happy Veterans Day.

Next year Veterans Day will be 11/11/11, exactly 100 years since the end of WWI, the war to end all wars. Did you know that nearly all WWII vets are older than 84? I was disappointed during the last election that ending our current involvement in the Middle East was not a big issue. However, I did read that the current bipartisan committee studying ways to lower our debt is recommending massive cuts in defense spending. I really like the recommendations that the committee is proposing. I hope our representatives have the guts to implement most of the recommendations. I am not optimistic.

I got home from the Kava House about 1245. I walked Ms P around the block and then ate a quick lunch. I was going to run some errands this afternoon. I started by stopping by the ATM. It was such a nice day, another one, that I said the heck with the errands I was going on a walk. I took at 2.25 mile walks. For dinner tonight Nancy and I headed to Great Lakes Shipping. I watched part of the Red Wings game and then headed upstairs at 2100.

No comments: