Saturday, November 20, 2010

Saturday November 20, 2010

I got up at 0500 and followed my weekday routine by returning to bed at 0515. I woke for good at 0700. This morning being Saturday I got on my bike and headed to Bill's. I had their pancake and eggs. I read both the DFP and WSJ. I like Bill's because they keep filling up my coffee without any complaints. I usually spent about an hour eating and reading.

When I got home I loaded Ms P in the C2 and we headed to Rylee's. I purchased some wood screws for the back door hinges and also a package of GR leaf bags. I replaced the screws in the back door hinges. Nancy was back from the MAC when I finished the hinges so I left Ms P off and headed to the Mall. Nancy said Macy's had a big sale. The mall lot was full but I did not see anything in Macy's that I wanted to buy. On my way home I stopped at the furniture liquidation sale to see if the swivel rocker was still available. It had been sold so I came home.

Our maple tree in the front planter had finally shed most of its leaves. I got out the rake and filled two GR leaf bags. I think I am done raking for the year. Ms P was outside with me most of the time I was raking. The neighbor kids stopped by to pet Ms P. She is very popular with the under 7 group, especially the girls. After the raking I took a nap. I slept for about 60 minutes. It was my first really sound sleep in some time. I finished the afternoon with a 3.25 mile walk. It was a great day for a walk.

Nancy and I had dinner tonight at Panera Bread. The place was crowded. I had a black bean sourdough bread bowl and Nancy had a bowl of chicken noodle soup. I did watch a part of the UM/UW game. UM does not play defense.

It is now 2056 and I will finish this blog and head downstairs to watch some TV. Tomorrow Nancy and I are meeting Tom and LInda Moleski for breakfast. We will have to swim only 30 minutes In order to get to the Brandywine by 0930. Tonight we have a big bright full moon. Is it a harvest moon? Gas is now $2.71 per gallon.

No comments: