Friday, July 31, 2009

Friday July 31, 2009

I think that I am all caught up on my sleep. I woke at 0630 got Nancy her coffee and then pedaled around Reeds Lake ending up at the Kava House. Today's DFP had several noteworthy articles. The first was about Monica Conyers stealing office equipment from the City of Detroit. She took about $23,000 worth of equipment. The second article was about how 44% of Michigan adults cannot read at a 6th grade level. This fact is hard to believe. When a major factory closed in Greenville thousands of workers were without a job. A new solar panel factory moved into the area but most unemployed workers were not eligible because they could not pass the minimum education level required for the jobs.

I can't believe it is the end of July. Where has the summer gone? I have so much to do but so little time to do it. This morning Nancy and I, SPS and his team loaded up and headed for Meijer's Garden. The place was crowded. I noticed a lot of mothers pushing their pre-school kids. LA had a great time playing on all the equipment. Nancy and I drove separate so that we could go to Costco and buy more supplies. Soon after we got home SPS and team got home. LA took a nap as did his grandfather.

This evening Nancy fixed baked potatoes, green beans and a Costco chicken for dinner. After dinner SPS and I walked to CVS to purchase some supplies.

Ossineke, MI this date in 1938. It was a warm Sunday. GG went to the baseball game, Ossineke 17, Wilson Township 5. At the evening church service 25 to 30 people were in attendance. The Johnsons had dinner at Venuses.

No comments: