Thursday, July 23, 2009

Thursday July 23, 1009

The weatherman said it was going to rain all day. After my morning at home routine I put on my raincoat and headed for the MAC. I encountered no rain. I ran outside at the MAC and no rain. My trip to the Kava House was dry except I worked up a sweat wearing a raincoat. After a late lunch, 1300, I decided to move some articles out of the master bed room so SPS and family had room to store their clothes. We are expecting them to arrive in GR about 9 on Saturday.

I also cleaned out my office. I found a box of family documents about the Hughes family. Hughes was my mother's maiden name. If fact it was my Grandmother Hughes (McTavish) who took the trip to Europe in 1927. I reported on the trip in previous blogs. The Hughes family came to Canada in 1818 from County Wexford in Ireland. According to the records I found, two of my Great grandfathers lived 90 years.

After completing my cleaning I took a short bike ride, 1 hour. This evening Nancy and I headed to Great Lakes Shipping. We sat out on the deck. It was very pleasant. This week the band did not show up. All day no rain.

Neither the GRP or DFP had any articles of interest. I think everyone is taking a mid summer break. In fact both Nancy and I are looking forward to taking a break from our exercise routine.

Ossineke, MI this date in 1938. It was Saturday and rained in the morning. Great grandfather went to Zephyr garage and left old car to get starter fixed. He drove the Zephyr to Alpena to purchase chicken feed. GG then noted that he went for Florence and aunt?

No comments: