Thursday, July 30, 2009

Wednesday July 29, 2009

I had to set the alarm this morning because I have Breakfast Club. Fifty five people were in attendance and as usual the food was good. The new President of Grand Rapids Community College was the speaker. He presented some of the problems facing CC. This year the school will have an enrollment approaching 30,000. According to the speaker the purchase of Davenport College was a great move by CC. Davenport will provide CC with room to grow.

After the meeting, I came home and put on my grass cutting clothes. I started edging the front yard noticed that the grass was still wet. I stopped my grass cutting operation and showered and joined SPS on a trip to Costco. Today was the first time I had to fill up our new Taurus. The car has a 20 gallon tank but only required 14 gallons.

I finally finished cutting the grass. It had been 10 days since its last cutting so the grass was quite long. The grass got the deluxe treatment today, edging, cutting and blowing all the cuttings off the hard surfaces. Tonight we all had dinner at Olga's Kitchen. We sat outside and enjoyed the pleasant weather. After dinner SPS left to meet some OHHS buddies. LA watched a DVD called Bugs.

Ossineke, MI this date in 1938. It was Friday and GG worked in the garden in the morning. He worked in post office in the afternoon. Hazel to Alpena home by 5 PM. GG noted it was clear with some clouds in the afternoon.

No comments: