Thursday, July 2, 2009

Thursday July 2, 2009

It got cold last night. I had to get up and put on some heavier clothes. I slept in this morning until 0630. I followed my normal routine. My bike ride to the MAC was cool with a gentle mist. I did not get very wet. The Kava House has their outside seating area set up. However, it is too cold to sit outside. My ride home from the Kava House just got easier because EGR has placed new bituminous on some badly deteriorated road. The ride was nice and smooth.

After lunch Nancy and I headed for Costco. Nancy needed gas, $2.61 per gallon, and some supplies. I needed mouthwash. After Costco we headed to Walmart and Nancy bought some glasses. I finished this afternoon with a 3 mile walk.

I have been getting some play on my facebook page. This afternoon I emailed a high school friend I haven't seen in over 50 years. It is fun reconnecting with old friends.

July 2, 1927 with Grandmother Hughes in London. Grandmother Hughes went down to Cook's and fixed up about our sailing. Then came out near our and visited the British Museum. We are staying at one of the Whitehall Hotels at 13 Woburn Place, Russel Square. Grandmother refers quite to "Cook's". I think Cook's is a well know English travel agency.

Ossineke, MI this date in 1938. Worked in garden in the morning. Drove to Alpena with Laura and purchased 100# scratch at Mill got home at 3 PM. David home, Glen got chicken pox.

No comments: