Thursday, July 16, 2009

Thursday July 16, 2009

Yes folks we had another nice summer day. However, the temperature for Friday and Saturday is not suppose to reach 70.

I rode my new urban bike to the MAC this morning. It provided a nice smooth ride. I made a good decision. Everyone must be on vacation because the MAC was nearly empty. Today's DFP had several articles on the kickback and bribery scandal in Detroit and Southfield. I hope that all the negative publicity will have an impact on the next election for City Council in Detroit. Changes have to be made for the City to have any creditability.

After lunch I stopped by GR Bike Company to have them check the wheel crank assembly. It looked to me that they left off a part. The owner said everything was ok. However, they did give me the wrong size spare tube so I got the correct one.

This afternoon I stopped by JD's office to discuss some bridge hydraulic matters. We also solved some of the world, state and local problems.

Nancy and I had our usual Thursday night dinner at Great Lakes Shipping. It was so windy that we ate inside instead of on the deck. After dinner we visited the Ford dealer to look at the Taurus and Edge. We also looked at an Escape. The Escape was so nice that we eliminated the Edge. Tomorrow Nancy has give me my marching orders to perform some serious negotiations.

July 16, 1927 with Grandmother Hughes in Glasgow, Scotland. Today Grandmother left Glasgow about 4 PM and headed for Greenock. They boarded the boat about 6 PM. (I am assuming this is the boat (ship) home. Greenock is about 25 miles west of Glasgow and is located on the Firth of Clyde.)

Ossineke, MI this date in 1938. It was a cool morning but warmed up by noon. Julia went to garden. Car gave out, took to Zephyr shop. Cleaned out 2 rows of potatoes.

1 comment:

Sasha said...

Don't negotiate - go through Costco - it will be much cheaper.