Sunday, July 19, 2009

Sunday July 19, 2009

Another cool night on what might be one of the coolest Julys on record. The alarm goes off at 0656 and we head for the MAC and our Sunday morning swim. The pool was crowded I had to share a lane. After the swim we headed for Meijers to purchase supplies for the upcoming visit of the scott team from LB, CA. We also purchased some supplies for Ms P. I anticipate travelling to OH to pick her up. Tasha is still waiting word.

After breakfast of Nancy's world famous poached eggs on toast, I settled down to read the GRP. I will not be taking my Sunday nap because Nancy and I are going to a memorial service for the father of Tasha's college roommate. The memorial service was well attended. A reception was held after the service. Nancy and I thought that Ron would be proud of this afternoon's program.

This morning both Nancy and I realized that holy cow! we forget SPS's birthday yesterday. We immediately called but did not really connect until this evening when the scott team skyped us. It is great to see the family on video. Toys are great.

July 19, 1927 with Grandmother Hughes on a ship heading from her vacation in Europe to the USA. Grandmother again stated that it was a "fine day".

Ossineke, MI this date in 1938. It was a warm and cloudy Tuesday. GG worked in the post office in the morning. GG's daughter Elizabeth has 6 girls visiting from Detroit. GG stated that the weather man has forecast rain for tonight.

No comments: