Saturday, August 1, 2009

Saturday August 1, 2009

Saturday morning, the first day of August, starts cloudy and remains that way all day. I get on my bike and head for D&W to get a NYT. They do not have any nor does Starbucks across the street. This is a good excuse for buying a Kindle. This morning the GRP reported that we had the coldest July on record. The cold I don't mind but all the high winds disrupts my kayak time.

For breakfast this morning the 6 of us ate at Arnie's. The food was good and the waiter gave us some extra sweet rolls. After breakfast SPS headed for O'Hare Airport. SPS has to work next week so he is heading home early.

This afternoon I got my Aztek washed. I put in the back seats and the roof rack. I need the back seat so I can install LA's car seat. The kayak will go on the roof. It isn't easy hauling around a youngster. I also cleaned out the garage and took a spin on the new urban bike around Reeds Lake.

Ossineke, MI this date in 1938. It was a Monday and GG said it was cool in the morning but warm in the afternoon. GG helped Hazel in the post office while Guy went to town with the family. GG said the mail was very heavy.

No comments: