Thursday, August 6, 2009

Wednesday August 5, 2009

Wednesday is my easy day and I slept in until 0700. I did go to the Kava House and read the DFP. I got to the coffee shop before 8 and I was surprised at how busy it was fetching coffee for people on their way to work. Today's FP did not have any election results from yesterday' municipal elections in Detroit. I think there were 180 folks on the ballot. All city and school board seats were being contested.

Today we were either going to go to the beach or make engraved concrete molds with the grandkids footprints. Instead LA wanted to go kayaking so I loaded up the kayak and we headed for Reeds Lake. LA and I paddled around the lake observing turtles, fish and a lot of waterfowl. Nancy, VRS and AC were walking in the park and took several pictures of LA and his grandfather.

For the second day LA and his grandfather took a nap. After the nap I rode my bike around Reeds Lake. Nancy scrambled some eggs for dinner. We also had sausage and hot biscuits with jelly. We had to hurry eating so that we could go to the neighborhood ice cream party. The neighbors all turned out. We met one of SPS's classmates who met VRS and family. LA played all the games and won a ball and bottle of lemon water. Nancy won breakfast at Wolfgang's. Nancy showed AC around to all our friends. She performed well and I am happy to announce that we have a very proud grandmother.

Ossineke, MI this date in 1938. It appears GG sold a lot for $225. It was Wednesday with no rain. GW Kitter dragged the field and they dug 4 quarts of potatoes. GG also did some hoeing. Cousin David got home from Detroit.

No comments: