Sunday, August 16, 2009

Friday August 14, 2009

Today is a travel day. I sleep in until 0700 and then finish packing for our trip to Nancy's 50th in Terre Haute. It is a good day for travelling. Nancy and I leave about 1030. This is our second long trip with the new Taurus. The trip was uneventful. We did detour around the intersection of I94/I65. I am always amazed how much corn they grow in IN. From 10 miles south in I94 until we get to TH there is nothing but corn fields. TH is 300 mile from GR and the Taurus averaged 28 mpg.

We stayed at the Holiday Inn in TH and attended a casual get-together Friday evening. The reunion involved both Wiley and Garfield HS. Nancy attended Wiley and had 185 people in her class. Nancy connected with her good friends Dr Marietta and Nurse Hillary. They really had a good time talking about old times. In fact, I enjoyed talking with all of Nancy's classmates. One observations was that I did not see any men with earrings or women with tattoos.

Ossineke, MI this date in 1938. It was a warm, windy Sunday. GG drove to Grange Hall to see a ball game, Ossineke 10, Indian Reserve 1. It must have been a double header because GG noted that Grange beat Herron. They had a chicken supper at church, the cost was $1 and Arnie Louch showed pictures.

No comments: