Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Tuesday August 4, 2009

The alarm goes off at 0636 and I get up and perform my exercise at 50%. I am done by 0800. I ride to the Kava House and read a portion of the DFP. I have to get home early today because LA and I are going to the Zoo. Nancy gives me my marching order and LA's 50 pound pack and tells us to have a good time. When I got to the Zoo I had a hard time finding a place to park. The place is packed. I think the fact that it was a bright sunny day helped. LA and I started fast and furious. We saw a neat exhibit when we were entering and decided to visit it first. Unfortunately LA was too short to participate. This was very disappointing so I bought LA and myself a box of ice cream bits. This helped dissipate our disappointment. Except for 2 bathroom visits that always have grandfather worried, LA and I enjoyed the zoo. Because of LA's good behavior I purchased him a big lollypop.

After a quick lunch LA and I took a well earned nap. After the nap I mowed the grass. I got done about 6:30 PM. This evening Nancy and I took LA, AC and VRS to the Green Well for dinner. A good time was had by all.

Today was the 70th birthday of my childhood friend Tom Collins. I called Tom in San Clemente, CA. He is doing well. Tom has 4 grandkids and his immediate family lives within 40 mile of him. We had a nice conversation and I promised to visit next time I visit Sasha or SPS.

Ossineke, MI this date in 1938. GG said it was not so hot today, Thursday. He worked in the post office 3 hours. They had a big dinner at the Church. Four tables and about 19 people. GG drove people home.

No comments: