Friday, August 7, 2009

Thursday August 6, 2009

Thursday and another nice sunny day. I performed my morning routine at 50%, rode to the Kava House and read the DFP. The big news in Michigan is that the Feds gave the State several large grants for car battery research. The DFP also had the election returns from Tuesday. There were no big surprises.

When I got home from the Kava House, we decided that LA and I would go to Millennium Park and try out the toys at the playground. We got there about 1100 and the place was crowded. This is a new park so the children's equipment is new. They had a lot of very clever play things. LA and I spent about 2 hours exploring all the exciting climbing, swinging and riding toys. I was very impressed as was LA. I did look over the beach area and thought it looked great. The parking lot for the beach was rapidly filling up. I also noted that the park has a bike trail. I saw several adults unloading their bikes. I will try out the trails later.

LA and I had lunch at McDonald's. LA had a happy meal and grandpa had a Big Mac. LA and I took a nap when we got home. After the nap I rode my bike around Reeds Lake.

This evening we all had dinner at Chuck E Cheese. We got 30 tokens for LA and he spent the entire evening playing on the machines. He was so busy he could not eat all his pizza so I had to finish it for him.

My Kindle arrived via UPS today. I have to charge up the battery before I can use it. I will down load several newspapers tonight.

Ossineke, MI this date in 1938. It was a Saturday and very hot. GG said 80 degrees in the shade. GG drove to Alpena for chicken feed. The rest of the family spent the day picking berries.

No comments: