Thursday, August 13, 2009

Thursday August 13, 2009

I was really tired from my week of catching up so I slept in until 0700. Nancy is also catching up and remains a little under the weather. I did, again, perform my morning routine at home. I have not been to the MAC in 3 weeks. I did have my morning coffee at the Kava House and read the DFP on my trusty Kindle.

Tasha called and gave me some more information on our upcoming excursion. Nancy and I filled out some forms and I got everything mailed this afternoon. I also started to pack for our weekend trip to TH for Nancy's reunion.

This evening Nancy and I worked at Meijer's Garden. We put wrist bands on folks wanting to purchase beer. The evening's concert featured blue grass legend Earl Scruggs. After we got done working we stayed for the concert. Nancy is not into blue grass but I really liked the concert.

Ossineke, MI this date in 1938. GG wrote it was a cool Saturday morning but warmed up to 84 degrees in the afternoon. Apparently GG finally got some ice and he gave some to Aunt Laura. GG next entry is "We drove to Ketters evening and parked on US 23 to read paper". Is this what an 82 year old does on Saturday night in Ossineke?

No comments: