Friday, May 5, 2023

May 3, 2023

 Thursday May 4, 2023

Blog time 1330 on Friday, a day late

The sun streaming through our window on Thursday morning woke me.  Fixed my oatmeal w/blueberries for breakfast.  My stomach still has not returned to normal.

Nancy dressed and drove to MVP for her treadmill/stationary bike routine.  The temp was still in 30s but I wanted to ride my bike so I bundled up and headed out.

Today I took the longer route to MVP, 5 miles.  MVP was not crowded so I finished my calisthenics in good time.  Showered and headed home.  Total bike miles today 8.5.  As soon as I got home I put on civilian clothes and drove to Panera.  Today Nancy is having Karen Horlings over for lunch. So I stayed out of sight until 1330.  I did go to “Bed Bath and Beyond”.  The place was devoid of all merchandise.

I did get home just as Karen was leaving.  She was impressed with our apartment and the food served in the dining room.

I did find time this afternoon for a nap.  While I was napping Nancy continued reading her book club book.

At 1700 we headed down to “Happy Hour”.  Spent an hour talking.  My stomach is still acting up so for dinner I had a bottle of Ensure.

Debbie FaceTimed this evening.  We had a nice talk.

Tonight we watched “The Coroner”. It was good.

This and that:

President Biden is not making friends in the UK.  He will not attend the ceremony for King Charles.  Snubbing one of our prime allies is stupid.

For the first time in 40 years the Dems control both houses of the Mi Legislature.  They are making hay.  Got rid of the right to work law and other anti labor legislation.  Michigan businesses are fuming.

Will our pointy heads in DC ever solve the debt limit crisis?

Cook Valley folks installed screens in our apartment yesterday.

Temp still in 40s when headed to bed.  Tomorrow it will reach 72.

No comments: