Wednesday, May 17, 2023

May 15, 2023

 Monday May 15, 2023

Blog time 1630 sitting in office.

Up at 0720.  Today is Nancy’s swim day.  She left for MVP at 0800.

I have to get a blood test this morning.  I have been fasting since 1900 last night.  Spectrum’s lab is an easy bike ride from Cook Valley.  Stopped at the lab on way to MVP.  I was in and out in under 20 minutes.

I was surprised that on Monday MVP was nearly empty.  I did my calisthenics before heading out.  Today I headed east on Burton and then north on Forest Hills Ave.  I stopped at Family Foods which is located on the intersection Cascade and Forest Hills.  I was really hungry since I did not have breakfast.  I bought a prepackaged cup of Yogurt w/granola and blueberries.  It was very good.  I also bought a Starbucks coffee.  Sat down and read the morning papers.  

I got home at noon.  Today my total mileage was 10.5.  Longest ride of the year.

At home I showered and dressed.  After Nancy and I drove to Breton Village.  I bought a warm weather vest at Orvis and Nancy bought two pair of pants at Talbots.  

The temperature first thing this morning was in th 40s.  Now at 1630 it is 73 and sunny.

This afternoon I got the results of this morning’s blood test.  My cholesterol was high.

At 1700 we are attending Happy Hour before our 1745 dinner in the Main Dining room. Happy Hour was well attended.

For dinner tonight Nancy had the chicken special and I stuck with the salmon.

Tonight we watched part 1 of a two part episode of “Dalgliesh”.

Another mild sunny day coming up tomorrow.

No comments: