Wednesday, May 31, 2023

May 29, 2023

 May 29, 2023

Memorial Day

Up at 0730.  We dressed and made our annual trip to Saugatuck.  We had breakfast at the Pumpernickel.  Nancy had French Toast and I had crab cakes with poached eggs.  All very good.

Saugatuck was crowded with weekend tourists.  We walked around and visited several shops but purchased nothing.

I remember as a young Boy Scout my troop marched in Alpena’s big Memorial Day parade.  The parade had two high school bands, Girl Scouts, the City Band, the unit from the National Guard and a lot of floats.  Another important event on Memorial Day my mother let me stop wearing long underwear.  

Today I found time for a 10 mile bike ride.  Followed by short nap.

At 1700 we headed down to the Main Dining to attend Cook Valley’s Memorial Day dinner.  About 50 folks attended.  Great food especially the desserts.  I filled up on banana bread and great cookies.  

Last night we watched an episode of “Happy Valley”.

Tomorrow will be sunny and hot.

No comments: