Sunday, May 14, 2023

May 13, 2023

 Saturday May 13, 2023

Blog time 1500 sitting in office

Got up before 0700 this morning.  Dressed and headed to “The Gathering Place” for breakfast.  Got to the restaurant early enough to get our favorite table.  We had the usual, Western Omelette for Nancy and for me oatmeal/w scramble egg.  We both had toast and coffee.  Best breakfast place in GR.

After breakfast we headed north through Ada and made a stop a Meijer’s.  It is the 13th so I bought lottery tickets.  Also got trail mix, oatmeal cookies, grapes, and coke.

Today we took the Fusion.  After dropping off our groceries I took the Escape to fill it up.  I can’t remember the cost per gallon but it might have been $3.33.

Light sprinkle most of the morning but I thought it was light enough that I could take a bike ride.  Today I headed north on East Paris.  First time I have taken this route.  At Cascade Rd I headed east over a large intersection.  I was pleasantly surprised because the sidewalks were safe.

At home showered and had yogurt lunch.  Nancy was doing laundry this morning.  She was done by 1500.

We finished the afternoon with a short walk.

For dinner tonight we had meatloaf with mashed potatoes. We bought this meal yesterday at Costco.  It was very good but much too large.

Tonight we watched “Shrinking” on Apple+.  The show is growing on me.

Tomorrow is Mother’s Day.  It will be a cool cloudy day.  High temps in low 60s.

No comments: