Thursday, December 15, 2022

December 14, 2022

Wednesday December 14, 2022

Blog time 1700 sitting in living room watching Nancy trim the Christmas tree.

Up this morning at 0730. Backed out Escape and checked the weather.  It was 30 with a strong East wind.

Nancy left at 0815 for her Wednesday swim at MVP.  Today is my easy day so I did all my calisthenics at 50%.  Dressed warm grabbed my backpack and walked to Panera.  Ordered a coffee, oatmeal and a bagel.  

After the oatmeal I started my morning reading.  Started with Alpena News.  The Alpena Schools are closed today because of flu outbreak.  Several other small schools in the area are also closed.  In my youth I can’t recall schools being closed because of sickness.  From K-12 we only had one snow day and I did not find about the closure until I arrived at school.  Was told school was closed so I turned around and walked home.

I was finishing the Detroit News when Nancy walked in.  We sat and talked awhile.  Nancy has a 1200 PT session so she left early.

The walk home was unpleasant because I walked into a 18 mph wind.  Got home around noon and reminded Nancy of her PT session.  She headed out. 

The movers are coming tomorrow morning to move my big Steelcase desk to LSE/SCECO.

 They are also moving the downstairs wood bedroom suite and upstairs dining room table and chairs.  These items will be taken to a furniture warehouse for potential sale.   Spent time cleaning up to make the move easier.  

Brought the small Christmas tree up so Nancy could decorate.  It looks great.

For dinner tonight Nancy fixed pea soup from Trader Joe’s.  Watched the news and then switched to Apple TV.  Watched an episode of “Slow Horses”.  

Missy FaceTimed this evening.  We provided more detail on our move to Porter Hill.

It was sprinkling when checked Courtyard before bed.  Tomorrow will be gloomy with temps above freezing.  

No comments: