Sunday, December 11, 2022

December 10, 2022

 Saturday December 10, 2022

Blog time 1840 on Sunday the 11th.  A day late again.

Up at 0700 and quickly dressed and headed to “Gathering Place” for breakfast.  We arrived early so we got our favorite table.  Oatmeal with a scrambled egg for me and an omelette for Nancy.  We both also had raisin toast.

After breakfast we took a short drive.  Stopped at Panera for our free coffee.  Nancy is looking for a new pair of New Balance walking shoes.  Stopped at Gazelle Sports at 1000 but they did not open until 1100.

At home Nancy started the laundry and I took a 2.5 mile walk.  After the walk I headed downstairs to clean up the mess left by the movers.  

The movers emptied the drawers in an antique desk, big chest of drawers and a Vanity.  The contents in the drawers was put in several big cardboard boxes.

My first decision was to use the antique writing desk that was part of the twin bed set as my new desk.  It is much smaller than the Steelcase desk but it has plenty of drawers and will fit nicely in the apartment at Porter Hills.

Spent considerable time sorting out which items will be trashed, taken to “Good Will” or kept.  

For dinner tonight Nancy and headed to Cascade Roadhouse for dinner.  Nancy ordered Mac and cheese, and I had a club sandwich.  The food was terrible.

Nancy and I are in charge of finding a place to hold the Trinity Lutheran “Over 60” group March meeting.  We had planned on asking Cascade Roadhouse but after tonight’s experience they have been dropped from our list.

Nancy’s toenails scratched me last night.  Tonight I volunteered to cut them.  Big mistake!  I cut the little toe on her left foot.  We spent over an hour trying to get the bleeding to stop.

Both Debbie and Missy FaceTimed this evening.

No TV tonight.  I did check the Courtyard before bed.  Temperature was above freezing.  No frost tonight.


No comments: