Tuesday, August 30, 2022

August 29, 2022

 Monday August 29, 2022

Blog time 1130 sitting in Panera

Up this morning at 0715.  Last night we had a huge storm roll through.  Lots of wind, thunder and lightning.  My weather app said we got 0.9” of rain.  

Nancy slept through the storm.  Very hard to believe because of the noise.

Nancy headed out first.  Today is swim day at MVP.

I did my at home calisthenics before breakfast of oatmeal.  Dressed lightly for my bike ride to Y because the temperature was 72 and the humidity in the 90s.

The Y was empty today.  After finishing my calisthenics and walk I dressed and headed to Panera.

Nancy walked in just after me.  She asked if she was entitled to a treat because of her recent birthday.  She got a bear claw which she shared.  Bear claws are good.

Today I carried my big iPad Pro in my bike’s saddle bags.  Saves wear and tear on my shoulders.

Read the Alpena and Detroit news before finishing several blogs.  I looked out the Panera window and it looked like rain heading our way.  I left early and headed home.

At home, shower and then quick lunch before heading to down to office.  I printed and read the quote I just received from Senior Movers.  It was kinda vague.  I can see a lot of extra costs if not careful.  Will call for clarification.

At 1500 I looked out slider and saw our backyard was flooded.  It was pouring rain.  The rain only lasted an hour but it was intense.  Second big rain in less than 24 hours.

This afternoon I called Missy.  She is visiting Debbie over the Labor Day weekend.  Missy and AJ are flying to San Jose.

We had a light dinner.  Watched the news before switching to BritBox.  Tonight we watched “Murder in Paradise”.  Not very good.

Speaking of streaming shows, Debbie called tonight and gave us several must see shows.  We will start tomorrow.

Checked Courtyard before bed.  It was warm, 75, with light drizzle.

The humidity is playing havoc with my MG.  My left eye is nearly closed and I am maxed out on pills.  Will have to call Dr Santos. Stay tuned.

No comments: