Sunday, August 28, 2022

August 27, 2022

Saturday August 27, 2022

Blog time 1740 Saturday sitting in office

Slept in this morning until 0730.  I had a restless night.  My MG was acting up which required taking more pills at 0200.  Also had a sour stomach.

My stomach is probably acting up because of all the overeating I did while the grandkids were here last week.  Nancy said don’t blame my overeating on the grandkids it was my own damn fault.  Guess she told me.

This being Saturday, Nancy and I had breakfast at “The Gathering Place’.  Nancy had her western omelette with raisin toast and I had oatmeal with a scrambled egg and raisin toast.  No coffee for me this morning.

After breakfast we took a short drive. We drove through the Clark at Keller Lake senior apartments and also Porter Hills apartments at Cook Valley.  Two development we are considering.

Stopped at Panera so Nancy could get her free coffee. (Actually the coffee is not free.  We pay $29 per month for unlimited coffee).  

At home Nancy started the laundry. This morning I felt a little under the weather so no biking or other exercises.  I did run to Meijer’s to fill up the Escape.  Gas was $3.73.

I also made a run to the Apple store.  I had to buy a new charging cord for my iPhone.  I forgot that today classic car clubs in West Mi are having their cruise up and down 28th Street.  Traffic was horrendous.  I did see a lot of Classic and antique cars on display at Woodland Mall.  The place was jammed with many spectators.

Spent the rest of the afternoon in my downstairs office.  Experimented with using my Apple Laptop for writing blog.  I prefer the touch screen feature on the iPad.  Will continue using the iPad.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY NANCY!  Today is a milestone birthday for Nancy. Today she turns 80.  She spent most of the afternoon answering phone calls from relatives wishing her Happy Birthday.  She got a call from all her family.  Great Day!

At 1800 we drove to Culver’s.  We both got a small Concrete mixer frozen custard.  Very tasty.  Finished the evening with a drive around the airport.

Tonight we watched the final two episodes of “The Sounds” on Acorn.  Good show.

Check of Courtyard before bed and everything was normal.  It was hot and humid and nice weather will continue through tomorrow.

 

No comments: