Sunday, August 21, 2022

August 18, 2022

 Thursday August 18, 2022

Blog time 1240 sitting in living room

Up this morning at 0600.  Got up early because I wanted to call Stephen and see his status.  Steve answered and he was in Midway Airport, Chicago.  They were waiting for the car rental place to open at 0600 CDT.  As soon as they got the car they would head to GR.  ETA 1000.

Back to bed and slept until 0700.  Got dressed and then we started some errands.  First stop Sugar Mamma’s, Nancy bought muffins and cookies for Grandkids.

Next we stopped at Panera.  Bought a coffee and baguette for each of us.  Nancy talked with several acquaintances.  We sat down and finished our baguette.

Nancy wanted to get her hair cut.  So I dropped her off and I started errands.  Stopped at Meijer’s and filled the Escape up.  Next I stopped at home and took pills.  I was starting to shave when Nancy called and said she was done.  

Drove to Great Clips and picked Nancy up.  She looks great.

Stephen and family arrived at 1030.  Great to see them.  First thing I gave them a walking tour of the Condo and surrounding area.  

For dinner tonight we drove to Schnitz’s in downtown Ada.  We all ordered either a salad or sandwich.  After Schnitz’s we stopped at the ice cream store just down the street from Schnitz’s.  Ice cream on a warm summer’s evening is a great way to end the day.

We spent the rest of the evening relaxing and talking.  I did take a short break and took Lucas to Dick’s Sporting Goods so he could buy a baseball.

Before bed I checked the Courtyard.  I did note a skunk near the Condo.  Rain expected for tomorrow.


No comments: